Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Better Days...

Hello Family,

So we blanked this transfer. Or in other words we didn´t baptize. Ya its kinda depressing. We were really tried, but it didn´t happen. But like I said, the good news is that now we have a ton of people set up for this next transfer that we can baptize. Not going to lie, this transfer has been a hard one for me, and President is leaving both me and Elder Cervantes here. We´re glad, and also glad that President put more white people in the zone (I was the only one last transfer). I´m not racist or anything, but I´m going to forget english altogether if I´m not able to speak it every once in a while. Its horrible because my companion is learning english, but I´m teaching things incorrectly because I think of how sentences are structured in spanish and not english.

Anyways, I love how bold the people are here in Mexico. A guy had approached us the other week (thats normal), and start talking to us about god (also normal), and drugs (completely normal still), and then asked us for money (still normal). The bold part that I am talking about, is that when I told him we didn´t have any (we always say that), he told us that originally, he was going to rob us, but decided not to after he had seen how big I was up close. He pulled a knife out of his pocket and said he was going to use it, but was afraid that I was like Superman or something, and the knife would do nothing, and then I would just break his neck. I kinda wanted to laugh at that, but I wasn´t sure what this guy was going to do, so we continued to tell him we had nothing. He said that all white people have money, so I pulled 1 peso out of my pocket and gave it to him, and told him that was all I had (still lying). When I pulled my hand out of my pocket, the pocket dropped and the money in my pocket made a noise. He then got angry, and tried to start selling me things on his person, like the knife and lighter that he had. It was super funny until he started swinging the knife around. He fell on the floor (because he was high) and we booked it down the street as fast as we could. When we got tired, we sat down and hid behind a car, but somehow, the idiot ended up coming down the street we were on to search for us. Luckily he didn´t see us, and me and Elder Cervantes got up and ran back up the way we came. We were laughing afterwards.

Anyways, this week we were finally able to put people on date for baptism. We realized that there are a ton of things that we could be doing better, that I just kinda took for granted with Elder Moss, because where he lacked, I made up for it, and where I lacked, he made up for it. Thats definately not the situation with Elder Cervantes, so we have to figure things out this transfer, and change alot. But anyways, the people we have put on date are super solid. They grew up never knowing religion. When we knocked on their door, Guillermo (investigator) told us he origanally wasn´t going to open the door but something told him that he needed to. So he did. When we taught him, we could feel the spirit right away, so we went through the process of putting him on date for baptism, along with his wife and sister. At our 3rd visit with him, he told us that the night before we had come, he had dreamed about two people coming to his door and it changed his life. He then woke up that morning at 4:00 and couldn´t go back to sleep. He realized that if he hadn´t let us in, he might have lost the opportunity forever. Its funny because the ones in his family that are on date now still have never been to church. The rest of his family are now part of a religion called "Luz del Mundo". I´ll let you look that one up, but it only exists here in Mexico. It was created by an ex-missionary of the LDS church who got mad at the church. Quite interesting, but we weren´t about to tell them that jaja!

I finally received a ton of the letters you sent Mom, but still no package with the shirts.

I´m sleeping fine still, but I think suffering from headaches and migranes will just be something that I have to endure. I imagine it comes with the stress of being a missionary.

We are always climbing mountains, because thats all our area is. We are either going up or down jaja!

Video of this week, we had contacted an old man and asked him what he felt for Jesus Christ. He told us "GOOD". And when we asked again, he said the same thing. So we did a reinactment of it jaja! We are such losers! (Couldn't get it to load...will try later)

No comments:

Post a Comment