Monday, April 2, 2012

Really Good Week!

Hey family!!!

So this past week was a really good week. I especially enjoyed that it was conference weekend.

To start, we finished teaching everything that we needed to to our investigator that we had set up to be baptized. Let me tell you, he was probably one of the most solid baptisms I have ever had. It was really nice because when he told him about the spirit and when we identified it when it arrived in the lesson, he was so excited. He just kept smiling and talking about how cool the spirit felt. Imagine how he reacted when we told him the he would be entitled to the right to feel it forever with the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He was so ready to get baptized jaja. His name is Luis. Anyways, we finished teaching him everything and he had his interview on Friday.

On Friday, my companion and I were asked to help out with a Relief Society program that the hermanas were holding. They asked my companion to play the piano. BTW, I don't know if i mentioned, but my companion has been playing the piano since he was 6. He plays really well, and has actually been teaching me on Mondays. Sadly, I regret having never taken lessons... :(. Anyways, we helped them out with their program for a bit while Luis was being interviewed. We finished that and went home to prepare for Saturday General Conference.

We wanted to go to the first session with Luis, but he unfortunately couldn't, so we weren't able to stay for the first session. We started contacting a lot in the Tianguis (Mexican market that they set up only on certain days) because we realized we were lacking on our goal for contacts. We did that until we had to go to lunch at 2:00 when the afternoon session started. It was nice because when we went, the hermano set up to listen to conference on his laptop. So while he finished preparing the food we listened, and then also while we were eating we were able to listen to conference. That was pretty sweet. I really enjoyed Elder Holland´s talk. I always enjoy it when he talks.

Anyways, after priesthood session that evening, we told everyone about our baptism that we were planning on having in between conference sessions. It was funny because we walked back to our area with some of the youth who have just turned in their mission papers. One of them who was called to serve in Provo, and already speaks English, mentioned how he prefers watching conference in English, because you hear everyones original voices. He mentioned especially about President Eyring, because his voice sounds like Optimus Primes from Transformers bajajajajaja(refer yourselves to the recent movies)!!!!!!!!

Anyways, the baptism was sick the next day. We had a lot of people show up and, afterwards, Luis asked my companion if it was alright that he felt different. SO COOL!!! He will be a great, strong member.

Today we had another earthquake. Lost the cell phone signal for a couple of hours again. Also, for March Madness (everyone ask my dad if you want to know about it jajajaja), our President wanted to "take part" in it by having a basketball tournament today between all the zones of the mission. We lost on the first round jaja. I attribute the loss to being the smallest zone in the mission. I enjoyed myself a ton though. We are going to be having a Soccer tournament next month, and a dodge ball one in June. This was all President´s idea jaja! I am so excited.

I am sending the baptism picture of us. Luis is 20 years old BTW.

Love ya guys!

Elder Scott Donner


No comments:

Post a Comment