Monday, January 9, 2012

Working Hard





Hi there,

So this week was a little long but worth every second. We worked our butts off, and it seems that things are going to be paying off. We found a couple good people this last week.

We are currently teaching a family of 4 that we haven't seen due to vacations, but we are definitely going to baptize them this month. We also are teaching the mom and brother of a member. They came to church without us having taught them anything, which is pretty sweet. They have talked with missionaries before, but we know that if we don't wait to put a baptismal date, they will be baptized. We also are teaching the mom of someone who just left on the mission. We have our first lesson, a family home evening with her tomorrow night. She also came to church.

We have quite a few people, and we are excited to be teaching them and preparing them for baptism.

Today, I finally did something exciting for pday. I finally have a companion that likes to do things. We went hiking with a bunch of elders today and 2 members :) YAY!!!!! Doing that makes me realize even MORE how much I miss camping!!!! AH!!!! It was so much fun!!!! I have pictures and stuff that I will send. Also the pictures from the past week.

First is me and Elder Gambardella.

Second is of a zone activity for cutting Rosca. Look it up if you don't know what it is, because I'm not exactly sure how to explain it.

Third is when I pulled a doll out of my Rosca with some members. That means I have to help make tamales to eat on the 2nd of February.

The last one is of us on top of the mountain today while hiking. The knees a little sore after that jaja! :)

Love ya guys,
Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment