Tuesday, December 6, 2011

More Adventures in the Field

Hey,

Sorry on writing so late tonight. My companion and I left too early in the morning and we barely had enough time to make it to the meeting at 6:00, so I am writing right now really quick. Anyways, another crazy week, but I am excited to see what happens this week. We received a pretty sweet referral from a family in the ward. It's a family of three girls and one boy, but the boy is 7. We went and met them and invited them to church. Only one of the daughters came, but that was without having taught them anything. We also have other referrals that we need to visit this week, so we are excited to see if we can't make this a month of miracles.

Anyways, sleep still isn´t happening very much. Thursday and Friday, I had 2 solid nights of sleep, which is something that I haven´t experienced in a couple of months, but now I´m back to not sleeping. I´m going to try and see if I can´t figure out what made me sleep those 2 nights and try and repeat that jaja!

Anyways, it seems that lately we have been having a lot of "fun" experiences here. Those three guys stopped following us, but something else always has to happen jaja!!! We were on our way to an appointment with one of our investigators, and a guy past us on his bike (that's the normal part, just wait jaja). He passed us and then realized I was American, so he started to cuss and swear at me in English, which made it clear to me that he spoke English. Usually people say one or two words like that, but he turned around, circled around us, and headed on his ways, all while cussing at me. We continued to our appointment that we had, and noticed that the same guy was outside the house where we were going. We decided not to go to the appointment and passed up the house, but he noticed us passing by, and started cussing and yelling at me again. Well, we started to walk faster, and he got on his bike with the intentions of chasing us. We turned the corner, and started to run. We made it to a members house on the other side of the block and knocked like crazy. They opened up and let us in before the man passed by on his bike saying "Where the **** are you guero?!" (guero is what they call Americans). Such nice language right? He saw us on another occasion, but we took off before he realized where we had gone.

Unfortunately I didn´t get to see the Christmas Devotional because I didn´t know about it. They aren´t very good on announcements here jaja!! But we are having a ward Christmas party on the 23rd. So we have been inviting people like nuts to this activity, because we will be singing. The missionaries in the ward have all decided that I am the most experienced with music, and put me in charge of what we are singing. That oughta be pretty scary jaja! But I am excited because everyone will be sharing talents first, then a dinner, and a dance afterwords. We obviously won´t be there for the dance, but for everything else of course.

Anyways, I took pictures this week, but I don´t carry my camera at night, so you will have to wait until next week probably to receive them.

Love,

Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment