Tuesday, December 20, 2011

That Special Time of Year...

We went bowling a week ago.


It was my companions BDAY

Elder Lozano, me, and Elder Regalado on the way to the Christmas party for the mission

Me and Elder Kenny whose dad owns the water parks aka Sunsplash.

Me and Elder Quirante from the Philippines


Me and Elder Martinez, from Oaxaca


Elder Pope, his MTC companion wanted a kiss at the Mission Christmas Party

Our Christmas tree and gifts :D We are waiting for Christmas.

Dear Family,


So nothing really excited happened this week. My companion and I found out early that we won't be together the next transfer, so I wonder what is going to happen. Anyways, I think last year when I arrived in Mexico, I think from pure shock, I never paid much attention to how crazy it gets here in Mexico on Christmas. Imagine Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas all meshed into one day, and then every day in December preparing for that day. Ya its pretty much nuts. There are tons of peoples families coming into to town and whatnot. A lot of people have set up their stands in the Christmas Markets. AND THERE ARE A LOT OF DRUNK PEOPLE!!!!! The nice thing though, is that everything is on sale :).

Anyways, no baptisms this last week. We are working our hardest to fit all of the baptisms into this week to finish the month well. On top of that, we have literally 10 or so families that have invited us to their house this weekend to celebrate the holiday. What better gift to give to the missionaries than a referral :) We are going to focus on the families that have invited us, also inviting non member friends :)

Like I said, not much happened this week, but I do finally have fotos from the past 2 weeks :). So enjoy :)

Love,

Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment