Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shaky Experience

Hey guys,

I know I am writing late again and, as a result, am not carrying my camera on me :S. SORRY!!! I know that all of you are dying for some pictures, which I now have a ton of! This week, like the past few weeks, has been quite interesting. We have been trying to get one of our investigators to leave her doubts and just take the step into the water. We have been working hard with her daughter too, and are hoping that she will get baptised if they both do it together.

The Christmas party is this Thursday, and our zone will be singing a special musical number. We also hear that we will be watching The Lion King, and another movie that the president hasn’t decided on yet. Anyways, I am super excited. Our ward is having their dinner on the 23rd. We will be going to that as well.

We also went to the temple this week. I took a ton of pictures of the Christmas lights, but they ain’t got nothin’ on the lights in Arizona jaja!

Now time for the exciting stuff. We were out visiting with a less active family this past Friday. We have spent quite a bit of time visiting them and inviting them back to church, because we lack priesthood holders. They were talking with us and everything and we felt the ground shake from a semi truck passing by. This is normal. But the ground didn’t stop shaking. I actually thought that maybe I was sick because my head was spinning a little. Well the shaking got worse, and the hermana started freaking out and pointed to the aquarium where she keeps here turtles. The water was splashing all over the place. That was when I realized that for the first time, I was experiencing an earthquake. I was the weirdest feeling ever. It wasn’t an up and down feeling but a side to side feeling. A couple of plates fell on the floor and the couch moved a bit, but we were only receiving the aftershock, because it stopped after a minute or so.

Anyways, I hope something freaky happens this week jaja!

Love,
Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment