Monday, April 4, 2011

Nopales

Hola Familia!
This week was super good! We found a couple news and we set up baptisms for this next Sunday. President is going to be doing something special with our whole zone. We are going to be visiting the visitors center in the temple and afterwards have a zone baptism with all of the investigators we have right now. Its pretty sweet because we have three solid people and one possible. Their names are Alejandra, Doris, Nanci, and the possible is Argeli (daughter of Alejandra).
Alejandra has a cool story behind her. We found her the Friday before our baptism. That Sunday she had let me know that the morning before we showed up at her house, she had been praying and told God that if he didn´t give her a sign of what religion she needed to follow or what to do with her life, she was going to end her life, and didn´t care if she ended up in heaven or hell. She said that ever since we showed up, she has kept receiving signs that we were her answer. Yesterday she told us that she has never felt this way in her entire life, and is more than willing to do anything to be Mormon.
Doris is a funny story. Missionaries have been teaching her for 13 years, which we just found out last night jaja! We have been just hammering with baptism and she finally caved in and wants to do it jaja! Nanci is an interesting story. So basically I´m going to start somewhere with this story that seems to have no relevance, but trust me it does :). So we ate with a family last Sunday and they cooked a lot of nopales (cactus), which are really good, and the food was really good. Nopales do something to people who haven´t eaten them much in their lives. They make them poop straight liquid. Lovely right? Well when your a missionary and walking around all day, sometimes you think you need to pass gas, but when nopales has turned your poop to complete liquid, you cannot pass gas. Know why? Because you will pass liquid instead of gas. Wednesday, me and Elder Moss were working down in Tepito and I went to innocently "pass gas". I didn´t pass gas. So I made a mistake, but it wasn´t the first time this week jaja! We had to go to a members house so I could clean up. We went to the closest member, the Manzanares family. While I was in the bathroom, the family let us know that they had found a hermana that had been inactive for quite some time, so her daughter never got baptized. Through a series of events, this hermana decided that she needed to go back to church. This is how we found Nanci, her 10-year-old daughter who really wants to be baptized.
Great story no?
I did love conference this weekend. I was running around hectically with investigators, so most of the time I didn´t get to listen, but I did love the talk by Richard G. Scott. That talk made my companion super "trunky", because now he thinks his girlfriend is going to get proposed to a lot this week jaja!
I have received all of your white packets up till the one you sent in March. I don´t know if you´ve sent anymore after March, but that's what I´ve received.
Transfers fall on the 18th of this month. I´m really crossing my fingers I can stay with Elder Moss at least one more transfer.
Oh BTW, here in Mexico, they celebrate Mother´s day on the 10th of every May, and not on the first Sunday, so I don´t know when I will be calling home jaja! I will try to let you all know.
We listen to the music every morning and night and free time. We really enjoy it jaja!
What I ended up doing is buying the biggest and widest pair of shoes they have, then an hermana is going to take them to a friend who is going to stretch them out even more so I can use them :)
Love, Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment