Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Been a Bit Crazy!

Hey Der Everyone!

So this last week was a little crazy for me. We spent the entire week looking for this kid (Rubén), because he really wanted to get baptized.

On Tuesday, we went to his house at 12:00pm, the time we had previously set an appointment with him. Of course we wouldn't find him there, nor anyone else for that matter. So instead of playing games, we went back the next day at 9:00am (just for the record, Mexico wakes up at about 10:00am, so 9:00am is considered early to some). He was there! JAJA CAUGHT HIM!!!! We talked to him and set up his baptism for Sunday morning at 8:00am because he couldn't on Saturday. So ANYWAYS, we made it a habit of going there every morning at 10:00am for the rest of the week so he wouldn't disappear.
Friday we had his interview, but what do you know... NO ONE ANSWERED WHEN WE WENT BY! We we waiting out there for an entire hour, when finally we just resorted to yelling jaja. His grandma finally opened up (rude that she didn't before), and told us he was sleeping. We said wedidn't care because he had plans with us, so she woke him up and he got interviewed for baptism jaja!

Now we realized at what time we had his baptism. Mind you, fonts don't fill fast with hot water here. If you want hot water in the font, it takes 3-4 hours to fill, depending on the font. So we planned on cleaning and filling the font halfway the night before, which we did. While we were there though, it started pouring and hailing (weather is wacked here lately). So we stayed until 9:15pm when it finally stopped and went home. Then we had to wake up at 4:00am the next
morning to finish filling the font.

Talk about hilarious. We arrived, turned on the boiler, and then went and found a place to sleep while we were waiting for the water to heat up (about one hour). I didn't realize how funny it was how we were sleeping. We had turned on the water an hour later, then went back to sleep jaja. Well, someone came in and took pictures of us while we were sleeping (we were tired jaja). I am going to try and get these pictures from them because they are priceless jaja.

So we had the baptism. It was sick. Church started at 9:00am so Rubén went home to get changed for church. We didn't know this at the time, someone else told us. So we waited patiently only to have him not come back to get confirmed. Go figure jaja!

And THAT was my week jaja!


Elder Scott Donner

(Here's last weeks email that somehow never arrived)


Dear family,

I definitely had a tough week this past week.
We had planned to baptize a youth this past Saturday, but the kid disappeared all week. That was super frustrating for us. We also passed by and talked to a lot of members that had said that they had referrals for us. Unfortunately, every single one of them told us that they wanted to talk to them first. Now this week, we are going to be the squeaky wheel so they will let us talk to these referrals.

The weather is still really crazy this week. It continues to be blazing hot, and then turns around and starts to rain and hail. I am not liking it whatsoever. There was one storm this week that passed RIGHT over us, because when the lighting decided to strike in the street about 150 yards away, I screamed like a little girl jaja! So we decided it would probably be safer to look for cover. This happened on Saturday.

Anyways, this week is the last week of this transfer. This transfer has just flown by for me. We are going to try end this change with a baptism.
Maybe more if we can find people.

Hope all is well this week.

Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment