Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tender Mercies...



Hi there family,

Soooooo...... I´m exhausted jaja!!! So very exhausted. This week was quite interesting for me. So beginning the week, I ate a mystery meat from the fridge (it was Sunday so I couldn't buy anything) that my companion had assured me wasn't old. It tasted alright, and I was starving when we had gotten home at night. When I wrote you guys last Monday, I was doing good. Of course it would be the day that we are supposed to leave again that I would start throwing up a lot. I pretty much got food poisoning. And it stunk, because we worked as much as we could, but in between throwing up, walking to lessons, throwing up in the bathroom while my companion taught the lessons, and drinking a ton of lemon/salt mixed with coke (because apparently that's their home remedy here, but I don´t buy it), it was alright. Unfortunately the baptismal date that we had, fell, and the investigators we usually visited at night, we didn't visit, because throwing up got worse at night. I also spiked a fever for a day and a half at 103 degrees (I didn't know food poisoning could do that to someone).

Some pretty crazy stuff happened today too. I haven´t let you all know, but my insomnia is attacking again, and only lets me get to sleep around 4 or 5 in the morning. So this morning, I slept in a little bit so I don´t die, but the other elders called to tell us we would be playing sports at 9:30. It was 9:00, so I got up and we got dressed for sports. We go outside to take a taxi to the chapel where we play. Everything kinda normal up to that point. While we are in the taxi, though, as we were driving on a round-about, we see a bus coming in the opposite direction. Our driver didn't notice right away because obviously he hadn't seen anybody when he entered, and nobody should be driving in the opposite direction. Never did I think I would be in a car accident on the mission before, neither did I think I would feel so protected in the process. It was an interesting experience, because I was very calm as I saw the bus coming, and when it hit, I almost felt a shield around me and my companion, who was in the front seat. Neither of us were jolted nor thrown forward in the taxi. The taxi driver got whiplash pretty bad, and his taxi didn't start anymore. Everything here is a hit and run. If you hit, and you can still run, then run! That's the rule here. The funny thing was though that we were still close to the station of taxis where we took the taxi, so the taxi driver yells to his buddies at the station to follow the bus that hit us. They ALL hopped in their taxis and started to chase the bus down. The taxi driver told us to get out, him and some other taxi buddies pushed his car off to the side, and they all took off in another taxi after the bus. Me and my companion were left in the street, but completely untouched. We were in shock too, so it didn't really occur to me to take any pictures of what the taxi looked like, but I was shocked that nothing happened to us, especially because the bus hit on our side.

So I will be in this area for the holidays, because this transfer ends on the 26th of December jaja! So we´ll just barely make it. And unfortunately, because Thanksgiving is not a Mexican holiday, we won't be celebrating anything about it jaja. Its totally weird to think that this is my last Christmas in the mission. My companion thinks its funny to remind me that after Christmas, all I have are 6 months left. I tell you what, it scares the living poo outta me. Definitely not ready to return to the real world :S jaja!

Anyways, I didn't take any pictures last week, but I will take a few this week.

Love,
Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment