Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rainy Days Ahead




Family,


So this week was quite interesting and let me tell you why. Rain season is finally here, but in Mexico, it is a worlds difference than it is in Arizona. Rainy season here means it rains everyday here for about 3 to 4 hours more than it would in Arizona and it can ruin your day because nobody wants to let you in our come out to see who you are because of the rain. I don't thing I've ever seen so much rain in my life. I think I would enjoy it if I wasn't a missionary and rain meant that contacting people would be hard. But other than the rain, it's been a pretty decent week.


We have been working with a certain family for about a month now. The mom, Argelia (remember to pronounce it like you would in Spanish mmkay?), used to go to the LDS church as a kid. Now she really wants to get baptized but doesn't want to do it until the rest of the family is on the sam boat. We just me her husband and taught him. He is one of those people that will make a joke out of anything you say. It's fun trying to teach him. They can't get baptized until they are married. Neither can 2 of their kids, because they aren't married either. Fun stuff right? The only one who right now could technically get baptized is her 8 year-old son. It cost $870 pesos to get married. That's like $80 bucks. Already a pain jaja! But I'm not complaining, because it if were easy, where would be the fun in that right? We're going to continue to work with them though.


We really don't have anyone else that we are working with seriously. Seems like the poeple here are really stubborn. We find people, but they just don't understand the intensity of the message we share.


Anyways, things are going better with the comp. This week he started to let me know more things wrong. Although he still thinks that the best time to start a conversation with me is when I'm reading or indulged in something else. Even when I try to ignore him, he talks even more jaja! I laugh now, but in the moment I'm just kinda like, "you do realize I'm doing something right now, which is not talking?"


Anyways, I got videos this week.


Hopefully you enjoy them.


Love,


Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment