Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines?



Hey guys,

If I said that this week was eventful, I wouldn't be lying :P. There were just a lot of things that happened jaja!

We´ll start with Tuesday :) Me and Elder Pike left to work, and we ran into problems in the Tianguis. We were walking through, and some old lady claimed that the backpack that I was using had been robbed from her tiangui. It obviously wasn't true because I had bought the backpack in the tianguis that they set up on Saturdays from a different lady. So we ended up just walking away after a while when others started to tell us just to ignore her.

This entire week it has been raining. Monday through Wednesday after lunch. Every other day it has rained all day. Well on Wednesday, it was so wet that I fell down an entire flight of stairs. That was also very fun. Even more fun being that the dog at the bottom thought that I was attacking it, so it latched onto my pants, and now there is a hole near my shoe.

Thursday I woke up with a huge migraine, and it was freezing cold. Good thing we didn't have water so we couldn't shower. I was so happy that I was able to be cold all morning. So it was just a fun day for everything, because it was raining all day. When we got home that night, we both took freezing hot showers (notice the oxymoron). The water was hot, but the air was freezing because someone decided it was a great idea to put slated windows in our bathroom so the air can enter right in.

Friday and Saturday we did some damage control and passed by people with whom we set appointments. There wasn't anyone very promising. We still have a few good possibilities for baptism. They show up to church, but the key would be to find them when they are home.

On Sunday they made my companion share his testimony in Sacrament meeting. He speaks really well for only 4 months in the mission.

Anyways, I got my camera this week.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING GRAPHIC IMAGES MAY OFFEND AND/OR INVOKE VOMITING. IF THERE ARE ANY PERSONS WITH A WEAK STOMACH, IT IS ADVISABLE THAT THEY LEAVE THE ROOM :)

I am gonna show you the bathroom before I cleaned it :)

Ok so obviously it was really gross. Imagine how grossed out I was when I found that our shower tiles were actually blue and that our sink and toilet are cream colored. Yucky......

And the last image is of me and a good friend from the ward who really helps us out. His name is Iván.

Anyways, have a happy Valentines Day everyone!

Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment