Monday, February 20, 2012

So...So...Humid!

Hi there!

So this week was another long week. We worked our butts off with little toshow. So remember how last week it was raining every day? Well this week it definitely wasn’t, In fact it got a ton hotter really quick!!! So I have been sweating my brains out. Literally! I swear that a little piece falls out every day. So that has definitely been making it more fun for us to work. My companion and I have been trying to utilize all of the tools the mission gives us to find more investigators. We have gone through the list of part-member families, dropped investigators, contacting everyone we see, knocking doors, asking converts for referrals, EVERYTHING. We aren’t exactly sure why we haven’t had much success, but we are hoping that it is just a trial of our faith that we
are having.

We still haven’t found that family of 4 which is really frustrating, and the father of one of the member girls now has a new job where he works all day every day, so that’s pretty much a no go. We haven’t had a single person let us in their door, and anyone who has told us to pass by or come back is never there. But we continue to work hard.

I have to say, today, we went inside the high school owned by the church, called theBenimerito de las Americas. THEY HAVE THE MOST GREEN GRASS THAT I HAVE SEEN IN ALL OF MEXICO. We went there to play soccer today. I have gotten pretty darn good at it too. And by good I mean that whenever I decide I wanna steal the ball from the other team, I just run really fast towards them and they usually get scared and just move jaja!!! Funniest thing happened while we were playing because one elder stopped playing because he said it wasn’t worth getting runover by me (which has never happened!).

Anyways, we continue to receive a lot of support from the ward. The bishop is working really hard to help the members understand the importance of giving us referrals, because it is such a small area. I have talked to most everyone more than once or twice here, so it would be a lot easier to teach people with the help of the members. Hopefully we can get them more involved in that aspect.

Anyways, didn’t take any pictures again :S SORRY! I am trying to be better about that, and having a greeny as a companion makes me think about it more because he takes pictures of EVERYTHING!!!

Love ya Guys!!
Elder Scott Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment